Poker has very interesting terms for some of its many combinations of hands. For the beginner, sometimes these terms simply don’t make any sense, and most times as not, they have names which are easily confused. That’s because some of the named hands will have actual names of the cards in them, such as the hand ‘Aces Full’.
Naturally with a hand called Aces Full, you’d certainly expect some aces in there, but how many and what the remaining cards are can be a mystery to the novice. A player who says they have aces full simply means that they have a full house which consists of three aces and a pair of any other cards.
As an example, A-A-A-10-10 would be aces full of tens. A player whose hand holds a full house which is made up of three aces and a pair will beat out all other full houses.
A full house in poker will beat any hand holding a pair, two pair, three of a kind, a straight or a flush. It will only lose to a hand consisting of four of a kind, a straight flush and a royal flush. If two players have a full house, then the winner would be the player who is holding the highest three of a kind.
If it should happen that two players have the same three of a kind, then the player with the highest pair is considered the winner. As an example, if you had aces full of three A-A-A-3-3, and your opponent’s hand held kings full of tens K-K-K-10-10, you would win because your hand is higher, since three aces rank higher than three kings.
Another good example using the game holdem, if you held pocket aces and the flop showed A-Q-Q-3-5 you would also have a full house. This would be due to the fact you have the two aces as your hole cards making the three of a kind, and the five community cards which hold the two queens, which together make up your full house.
Statistics show that the odds are 693 to 1 against you being dealt a full house before the draw. With a four of a kind, which is what it takes next in rank to beat a full house, the odds are 4,164 to 1 to you being dealt this hand before the draw. If you really want to blow a full house out of the water, and show someone you know Lady Luck personally, pull out a straight flush at an incredible 64,973 to 1 odds.
Video poker is a game that requires skill and takes on a form of five card draw poker combinations with slots. Just like in five card draw, players are dealt five cards and choose which of them they want to hold on to before trading in a number of cards. The cards traded for represent the hand that the player will receive payout for based on what they hold. This game is played on machines similar to slot machines instead of being a table game but is also simulated in online casinos. Some of these online casinos offer such poker with progressive jackpots making the payouts even more.
Here are the basic terms of video poker:
· Hand – Your hand is the five cards in your ownership.
· Complete Hand – A complete hand is when a player is dealt a hand where all cards form a strong combination creating a straight, flush, full house, for of a kind, or a straight flush.
· Deuces – Deuces is another term for the number 2 cards in the deck.
· Draw – Draw consists of the replacement cards the player receives after trading in their unwanted cards from the deal.
· Double Up – A double up is when you are given the option to double your bet in video poker.
· Full Pay – Full pay refers to games that have the best payout schedules so try to play these as often as possible.
· Multi-Play – Multi-Play is offered in some these poker games at online casinos and can allow players to play up to ten hands at one time.
· Wild Cards – These are cards that can be used to substitute any numbers so that a player can make up the best combination for their hand.
· Multiple Decks – Some games are played using multiple decks of cards.
· Bonuses – Some games offer bonuses for different card combinations including combos like a full house or a straight.
· Deuces Wild – Deuces wild is a common type of video poker played in online casinos. All twos in the deck are considered to be wild cards and can take the place of any card you would like.
There are also variations to video poker. This game offers many different variations including the use of wild cards. Here are some other variations on video poker not listed above:
· Jacks or better – This is the most common variation and payoffs start at a pair of jacks; this game can yield high payoff percentages.
· Tens or better – This is like Jacks or better, only starting at a pair of tens.
· Bonus Poker – These games offer higher bonuses for four of kinds.
· Double Bonus – This is a version of jacks or better with higher payouts for four of kind aces.
Video poker games are a great game that many people enjoy while visiting online casinos. There are many different versions to try and it really is a fun game once you get started!